Re: Fw: TI-H: Russian roulette

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fw: TI-H: Russian roulette

From: TAZBandit@aol.com <TAZBandit@aol.com>
>As long as we are discussing our power plays, my worst time with electric
>current was when I was attending to our dogs.  I slipped and landed right
on
>their electric fence in a very unconvient area.  Unfortunately, we had to
>'tweak' it so the dogs would not be able to cross, through it, so it was a
>little more than the traditional 12 v.

I have two electric fence stories :)

At camp there was an electric fence to keep the horses in.  This was the
pulse type fence.  We made a game out of making hand-holding chains
with one person holding the fence so we could zap passers-by, lots of fun.

One evening we got the camp daredevil/idiot to 1) submerg his entire head
in a nasty, scummy horse water trough, and 2) hang on to the electric fence
at the same time.  His jerking, screaming reaction left the rest of us
convulsing
in laughter on the ground.

After experiances with that rather tame fence, I tried to demonstrait how
harmless electric fences are to a couple of cute chics from a different
campground.  I reached out and grabbed the fence with impunity, little
did I know that this was a different circuit, powered with a slow-sweep
'weed burner' type transformer.  This is the kind that runs moderatly
high voltage (sine sweep) at fairly high current, so it can burn off any
plants that would otherwise ground it.  Unfortunately I caught it at or
near the top end of its sweep, the jolt was pretty darn painful and left
a white, raised welt across my palm.  Worst part was that the kick
suprised me so much that I nearly jerked the wire off the pole in my
desperate attempt to get the fuck away from it.  Sent the girls into
gails of laughter, they couldn't keep a straight face anytime they
saw me after that.

Moral of the story, check the current before you try impressing
any chicks! :)

DK