Re: Fw: TI-H: Russian roulette

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fw: TI-H: Russian roulette

In a message dated 11/25/98 8:08:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dknaack@geocities.com writes:

>  >:\  I've had 70volts at 300kHz go through my ear once.  :)
>

>  About my worst 'Zapping' was when I picked up a bare transformer
>  I was using for a PSU on my bench, the 120vac contacts were uninsulated,
>  and my hand was damp from a cold drink glass.  Felt like sombody hit
>  my hand with a hammer.
>

>  >We did that to one guy in health class last year.  It was one of those
>  >kodak ones.  We just put it on the table in front of him and he picked it
>  >up and started playing with it in the middle of class and right in the
>  >middle of a lecture be bolted out of his chair and started screaming.  It
>  >was soooo funny.  :)
>
>  In physics class when we were doing electronics we used to play a game
>  with the big caps.  They were rated at around 200vdc, up to about 500uF.
>  You stick the leads into a wall socket for an instant, they charge almost
>  instantly, to somwhere between 0 and 120v.  Then you play "Hot potato"
>  with it :)  Eventually someone gets a nasty suprise when they catch both
>  leads at the same time.  Sometimes its bad (500uF at 100v is quite a bit
>  of energy!), sometimes you got lucky and only got hit with a few dozen
>  volts.
>

>  DK

As long as we are discussing our power plays, my worst time with electric
current was when I was attending to our dogs.  I slipped and landed right on
their electric fence in a very unconvient area.  Unfortunately, we had to
'tweak' it so the dogs would not be able to cross, through it, so it was a
little more than the traditional 12 v.