Re: Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/Infrared/Laser Communications

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/Infrared/Laser Communications

>In a message dated 11/1/98 4:41:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, gussie@alaska.net
>writes:
>
>> I have my licesne but I don't care about it.  I just like building the
>>  equipment, trying it out, selling it, and moving on to something else..
>
>Really, what's your callsign? What class are you? I need to work the Anchorage
>grid on 6m SSB..........I'm trying to get my WAS.

I got a Novice code, novice test, and tech test.  TechPlus!  Wow!  :)

I got my license in 6th grade, and havn't looked at it since.  I could try
setting up a 120 meter yagi, but my dad probably wouldn't go for that.  :)

>The whole thing was you sais there are TNC schematics online and I'm saying
>that it would be hard (for ANYONE) to build one off of say kantronics
>schematics then get it working.....the software in the ROM is just to
>protected to do that........ Of course you could buy a ROM after built the TNC
>and it would probably work just fine......

You don't buy the rom.  :)  You buy a book with the standards and make your
own module.

>AX.25 protocol is very picky in some of its aspects.......I know this in
>trying to get a wireless network going

Doing a multi-point netowork in the 2-10GHz range is easy...  10MBPs up to
25 miles.  :)

Grant