Re: Kit Problem-Please read ( was Re: TI-H: backlight...)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Kit Problem-Please read ( was Re: TI-H: backlight...)

From: MaxxKills <MaxxKills@aol.com>

>Rich, how small are those switches, and what kind are they?

I can answer part of this.
The switches I got from him were about 2-3mm thick, maybe
6mm long.  They are DPDT.  The actual switch part that you
operate is about 1x1 mm square, and sticks up about 2mm from
the surface of the switch, just enough to go thru the casing.
They can be a bit difficult to operate, depending on where you
mount them.  I cut a depression around mine so they are easy
to operate, but don't stick out.  You can see a picture at
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lab/5725

>Are they good for turbo's?

Worked great for me, I followed Riches instructions and
soldered half the pins to the ground plane (rendering it
a SPDT), and used the remaining three (two really) to switch
the cap in and out:

  |0----------> To C9 pad 1
 -|
  |0--|