TI-H: FWD: Memory Expander

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: FWD: Memory Expander

Mathieu asked me to post this message to the list.

--
Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
   File Archives

hi,
I am not on the list, so please, if you wish to answer me, mail privatly
(
<hmlacage@aol.com> )plus the list...
Thank you.

I am looking forward building a memory expander for ti calcs.. I chose
to do
so because bryan r. EII doesn' t match neither my needs nor (i think so
)
those of other future/potential users...

Features are:

* ability to send backups+ a few files for shell support
* in system programming: you will be able to program your expander with
the
serial output of your computer...
* a serial 512k (minimum) flash
* a 6 to 16 bits ( don' t know yet ) parallel/serial input/output so
that
anything may be connected to the calc...

This should be achieved with a Lattice ISP microcontroler ( don' t know
yet
which one... ) .If anyone is interested in working with me on that
project,
please contact me. There will be need for drivers for the 8x family ..
Note
that all code involved in that project will be released so that anyone
may
improve the drivers...

Right now, i need to find info on how a byte is send to /fro the calc:
how the
lines are pulled low/high, what is the protocol used... I checked the
last
month archive and would like to know whether this is right:

>>So there is a wire A and a wire B. If the sender pulls wire A low, it
>>means the sender wants to send a 0, and the receiver pulls B low to
ack.
>>But if sender wants to send a 1, it pulls wire B low and the receiver
>>pulls A low to ack.

someone asked this and i have not found any answer saying that yes, this
is
right ...
Now, i just wish to know whether other bits than the strictly data bits
are
send ( if there are stop bits and/or parity bits )

French speaking people may look at:
<http://members.aol.com/hmlacage/index.html>
allez a " l' annonce pour le virus ".

Mathieu, <hmlacage@aol.com>