TI-H: Duplicate cases and Extended cases

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Duplicate cases and Extended cases

>I realy realy just want a case to be available that is clear or
colored.
>I dont want all that stuff built in. So could you posibly also offer
>cases that are exact duplicates?

If we could make molds of the original, then yes, but look at the
sliding cover (the inside is the same). notice a "seam" by the piece
that fit's in the groove? (marked by the dotted lines)
 __________
/          \
|...    ...|
|| .    . ||
|| .    . ||
|| .    . ||
|| .    . ||
|/..    ..\|
|          |
|          |
\__________/

That seam is a jointed mold. The inside mold and the outside mold form a
space that makes the cover, but two smaller molds fit into spaces in the
inner mold. They can lift out by pulling in a little and then poping
out. Then the inside mold can pop out and the top one too. Such molds
are expensive and dificult. I may end up designing the extended case
with no tabs and just glue the front case to the front mold. a single
screw will hold the top end of the two molds together and another at the
bottom. The calculators original screws will also help.

A jointed mold will be VERY difficult. The extended case has room to add
screws, but the duplicate will be very dificult. If someone wanted to
ask TI if they could provide a mold, it would be worth the try, but
probably turn out as a useles effort. Suggesting the idea to them might
result in an action though, but not in the near future!

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com

The Richfiles TI Page
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html