RE: TI-H:

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H:

>That is so far beyond illegal I won't even go into it.  Also, why would
=
>you want to do it that way?  try piggybacking a header onto the ROM so
=
>that you can have both without breaking the laws.  After all, there's =
>very little stopping you from installing an 83 ROM at that point, if =
>you're resourceful enough...

That so far beyond wrong, I think I HAVE to go into it. It is ilegal to
copy or pirate ROM, but each calc is different, you can only use a ROM
designed for it (you could modify it for compatibility, but then it's
not TI's original ROM). You can legaly rip your ROM out and replace it
with whatever you want!!! You can even reverse engineer the ROM if we
were that determined and start mass producing TI-Clones!!! If we make
our own ROM and load it into the calcs, that's our right, so unless you
plan on pirating a TI ROM, SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not ilegal to replace or re write a ROM and replace the original
with it, so don't go jumping to conclusions. It's no different than
downloading a ROM for an emulator! If you own the calc, it's LEGAL. If
you don't it is ILLEGAL. Since the calcs have different internal
structures, the ROMs are not compatible, so the ROM will only run on a
calc it was designed for. That makes it very unlikely that any
illegalact is commited!!! O-K !!!