TI-H: Important EII REQUIREMENT (and I need an AVR)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Important EII REQUIREMENT (and I need an AVR)

I aggree that cost and reliability is a big issue, but have you ever actualy
tried transfering 100 or so programs from a computer to a calc and then to
ythe expander and then clearing the calc and doing it again!!! IT SUCKS BIG
TIME!!! I spent 4 hours when I got my first ESF 1Meg version, and I filled it
COMPLETLY!!! I could have used 3 ESFs!!!

Also, remember that some people have more than one calc! they don't need a
seprate EII for each calc!!! They only need one! the solution is to swap
memory chips!!!

The problem is it NEEDs the MMOD or something similar, otherwise, you'd better
post how to pull PLCC chips to your page as well!

how sturdy are the pins on the bottom of the PLCC socket? if you found a PLCC
socket for wire wrapping and the pins were very sturdy, you might be able to
solder Female headers onto the board and cut the PLCC socket pins to a good
size and then plug it into the header!!!

It's the stranth of the pins I'm concerned about, so what you need to do is
simple! solder male headers to the PLCC socket's bottom. Make two rows, kinda
like the TI-92's ROM module has!

It'd be smaller though! the bottom row would be soldered onto the other side
as a set of dummy pins, just for support. you could possibly epoxy the male
connectors to make it more rigid!!!

this would require little or no board modification. I'm going to do this when
I get my EII board and I'll tell exactly how. I'll need one AVR from brian so
if he'll contact me with the price and address to send a Money order, I'd like
to get one as soon as possible! ($15 right)

--

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html