Re: TI-H: Back to basics

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Back to basics

>realize, Grant represents the leading force of vaporware on this list.
>No one has seen a picture of his mp3 player, the CalcNet, to the best of
>my knowledge and that of others, died shortly after all non MBus related

After I finished the hardware to figure out you didn't want to make a driver.

>networking concepts became his, and his expanders, however they might
>work, are also unseen by most.  In addition, random quips in response to
>longer messages (which increase the time it takes for me to d/l my
>mail), and unsubstantiated/incorrect claims have gone up, as can be seen

They are not incorrect, they were just written by me wrong, and Mel alaways
gives me a hard time for some reason.  Ever since I told him I was making
an IDE chip with the AVR he thinks I know nothing because it is slow and he
thinks that I said it would do Ultra DMA or something.  It does get half of
PIO O though.  (Bottob of the line divided by two.  :)  )

>by Mel's recent corrections, and Bryan's, and a few others.  I'd dig up
>the evidence, but I delete most TI-H mail after reading it in order to
>spare my precious hard drive space.  The point I'm trying to make, and
>as kindly as possible, is that you talk the talk, but no one has ever
>seen you walk the walk outside of Alaska.  You have webspace, and you

Come to alaska then.

>obviously have access to either a digital camera or a scanner, so why
>can't you just post pictures of your projects?  If I'm going to see an

I just got a new computer on 6/12/98, and I only have a Microtek III
scanner for 3 days (I'm borrowing it).  before I got the new computer, I
never had a digitalizer.  I'll post a picture of the EIII.

>image on your site, I don't want it to be what gussie.alaska.net looks

I didn't say you did, But alot of other people wanted to.  I'm sorry.  I'll
have to meet your needs by provideing you a 2400dpi scanned image in a
million of colors, of my entire TI junk pile.

>like.  When I want to see a hodgepodge of old machines and cannibalized
>systems all souped up to try to keep up with the times, I'll look in my

Yeah.  You saw it yesterday.  You saw a picture of a 25MHz mac with no FPU
and 4MB of ram serving the ACPlay www page.  You also saw a picture of a
33MHz 486SX running linux as my ftp server.  You saw a 5 year old netowrk
printserver/modem server/remote access server/ect.  You saw 2 100MB IBM
SCSI I drives, and in the picture you saw the old Asante' Print Server.

>room.  Let's SEE the ACPlay, let's SEE the EMCXXVII or whatever version
>you claimed to get to, and let's SEE the CalcNet wired and working.  And
>if you stop working on something, let it be known.  There are plenty of
>others out there willing to take over.

Okay.  Name a project and I'll find the source in my IBM.  I was just
jokeing about all those Es.  The furthest I got is the EIII which I will
post a picture of.

I will give you a picture of the EIII.  it is the version with 1MB of flash
and IDE hard drive.  I sold Jon Olsen (or will once he gets back) 2 of the
chips programmed for IDE.  I can't show a picture of the CalcNet because
the second you and the other 4 people said you didn't have time to write
the drivers, I ripped it off the bread board and started on the IDE thing.

Ohh...btw.  Please flame me off the list.  They do not need to hear
unsupported complaints.  I have source code to almost every TI project I've
made.  (Unless it was durring christmas, then its on my NEC)

Follow-Ups: References: