Re: TI-H: are we ever ON topic? =) (not a complaining message...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: are we ever ON topic? =) (not a complaining message... i need info)

Lessie

Grant > I could have sworn he asked for VJ++... Microsoft's is fine for windows.
Sun's is more of a linux approach.

Me > Sun isn't a "linux" approach.  It's a multi-platform approach.  The JDK works
QUITE fine for MS.

Dan > It would be better if you said "Sun isn't ONLY  a "linux" approach."

Grant > Dan's right.  Suns can run either Solaris which is a flavor of unix, or BSD
(another unix) and what ever else is out there...  Redhat...

Me > I'm running the JDK on win95.. no emulators or anything..  runs perfectly
fine.. even wrote some stupid java apps.  They have both a windows and unix version
on that link I gave ye.

Grant > Suns DON'T emulate Solaris...

Dan > Grant...what the hell are you talking about? He never said that Suns emulate
Solaris. He simply said that he's running the JDK on windows 95.  This is of
course, because there is a windows 95 compiled version of it.

This clear up any confusion?

I dont even know why I bother.  I just was informing someone that there was a
better and free solution out there.  There almost allways is.  I can see absolutly
no reason to buy VJ++, warez it, install it, copy it, or even read the back of the
box.

http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/
For all Win32 OS's

Pellaeon