Re: TI-H: are we ever ON topic? =) (not a complaining message... i

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: are we ever ON topic? =) (not a complaining message... i need info)

Grant...what the hell are you talking about? He never said that Suns
emulate Solaris. He simply said that he's running the JDK on windows 95.
This is of course, because there is a windows 95 compiled version of it.
And of course, since Java is a 100% portable programming language, all
platforms are really "emulating" it's virtual machine...

-- jon

On Sat, 12 Dec 1998, Grant Stockly wrote:

> Suns DON'T emulate Solaris...
>

> >I'm running the JDK on win95.. no emulators or anything..  runs perfectly
> >fine.. even wrote some stupid java apps.  They have both a windows and unix
> >version on that link I gave ye.
> >
> >Pellaeon
> >
> >Grant Stockly wrote:
> >
> >> Dan's right.  Suns can run either Solaris which is a flavor of unix, or BSD
> >> (another unix) and what ever else is out there...  Redhat...
> >>
> >> Grant

Follow-Ups: References: