Re: TI-H: 2D Graphics routines in BASIC using matricies

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mel Tsai wrote:

> But that's only because the momo EII designers don't know how to use
> the linkport right :).

I'll let that one go, Mel, because there are bigger
fish to fry. There isn't exactly any list ettiquete
here, despite the efforts of Bryan Rabeler, so
at the very least your inappropriate comments fit
right in. :-\

> Even the ESF gets 5kbytes/sec easily (~40kbps).  At the time I
> estimated a max theoretical xfer rate of around 10 to 15 kbytes/sec on
> the TI-85.  With an AVR such rates are *definitely* possible (if not
> higher), given that you create your own protocol (like I told bryan he
> should have).  Using the TI protocol sux if you want xfer rate.

Uhh, I think the original poster misunderstood my specs. The E2
DOES get ~4.8kbytes/sec, at least on the 92. I expect rates are
as high on the TI-85 and TI-86, if not higher. I assumed that
the accepted standard is to use k or kb for kbytes and kB or kbits
for kilobits. In the future I will try to be more clear.

There is nothing wrong with the TI protocol; indeed, it is the
only way to build an expander that will work with all of
the current TI graphing calculators. Why not use the link
port the way it was designed?

Once again I think you are missing the entire point of the
E2; it is not to get 20kb/sec with a proprietary protocol;
rather it is to provide one small, inexpensive device that
can concurrently work with all of the TI graphing calculators
in a reliable fashion. Does it really matter if a 20k
calculator program takes 4 seconds or 2 to transfer? I find
it somewhat amusing that someone who proclaims to have wasted
more time than anyone else watching movies is concerned over
mere seconds of time spent waiting for a calculator program
to transfer. The E2 is faster than the parallel link (and
much faster than the graphlink), and for my design goals
that is, quite frankly, more than acceptable.

Regards,

Bryan

--
Bryan Rittmeyer