Re: TI-H: *Great News*

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: *Great News*

> >       ___________
> >  ___ |___________| <---Original calc front
> > /   \|           |
> > |________________` <--A panel for TI-83/86 and one for TI-82/85
> > \________________/ <---One rear panel

> The problem is that the parts you illustrated would take 3/4 molds for one case. I
> may only be able to get two if I'm lucky (each mold will raise the price by $5).
> (one for the back and one for a new battery door, but these two parts may be able
> to be molded from the same piece of silicon ). I'm probably only going to be able
> to widen the back of the calc.

How about this...
  ___   _________
 /   \_|_________|
|                |
|________________|

Bottom is flat. 4 screw posts. The battery case can be a simple Rat Shaq 4 AA
box. The case can be a single molded piece. You may use either a plastic or a
metal flat plate to cover the back. The battery case, Like I said, can be the
standard Rat Shaq 4 AA holder. Screwed onto the metal or plastic rear plate.
You run 2 wires to the calc to provide power, allowing the cover to be open
even while the calc is on!

Buy one of those Lithium battery holders from a parts suplier and solder it
into the board. All the holes are pop-outs. Pop-outs are like this:
____________
__/'---'\__

You have them for several connectors, and switches and the hole for the
speaker and the volume control too.

I figured a nice, simple way to do it without having to have holes for the
speaker and volume.

It's possible with only 1 mold, 2 if you have plastic rear cover instead od
metal. Plastic will look better. Metal is easier to do, cause you just go to a
metal shop or hardware store and have the metal cut.

This makes it easy to cut out the holes for

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html