Re: TI-H: Basic $5 link question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Basic $5 link question

Matthew Andersen wrote:

> Are you using the 83 software, sorry had to ask.... next.... If you have
> "tweaked" insides of your ti you might have screwed with your port by
> mistake... if so just open it up and re-solder it (it may not be the
> best way but it seems to work everytime)... also make sure that your its
> pluged all of the way in the port socket... and i've noticed that you
> cant get it to work if you are useing an extention cord from the printer
> port... i.e. zip drive cable... hehe... then make sure you push it all
> of the way in the port.... you really have to pay attention to this if
> you used another 2.5mm plug instead of the ti link one... make sure the
> white red and grounds are all right... and if that dont work... i have
> no clue... sorry

	Well, after getting discouraged by that cable, i decided to rebuild one
from scratch. the new cable also passes the link test, getting the
desired pinout results, but it is still not functioning properly. i
tried to do a calc-to-calc link with my calculator, which worked fine,
disproving the theory that the port on my ti-83 is bad. IT is making a
connection in some sence of the word, as the programs i am using do
report errors such as "header too large" and such. i did use a ti calc
link cable for the 2.5mm jack, so i don't think that could be the
broblem either. anyone have an idea as to what might be the problem? any
help would be apricated. if you can't help me with the parallel cable,
could someone please post a copy of the plans for the serial link? if i
can't get my cable working, i could always try building that one.

							Thanks
							~X

Follow-Ups: References: