Re: TI-H: Basic $5 link question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Basic $5 link question

I kinda had the smae problem...  I was using the link in windows (3.11)
with cal for the 85.  That was my first mistake.  Second, I have a parallel
zip drive, and I was plugging the link into the pass through on that, but
not starting the guest driver that initializes the zip drive.  That was my
second problem...
I don't know if you are doing any of these things, but I just thought that
I would share my expirencies woth you...

At 07:20 PM 9/9/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Matthew Andersen wrote:
>>
>> Are you using the 83 software, sorry had to ask.... next.... If you have
>> "tweaked" insides of your ti you might have screwed with your port by
>> mistake... if so just open it up and re-solder it (it may not be the
>> best way but it seems to work everytime)... also make sure that your its
>> pluged all of the way in the port socket... and i've noticed that you
>> cant get it to work if you are useing an extention cord from the printer
>> port... i.e. zip drive cable... hehe... then make sure you push it all
>> of the way in the port.... you really have to pay attention to this if
>> you used another 2.5mm plug instead of the ti link one... make sure the
>> white red and grounds are all right... and if that dont work... i have
>> no clue... sorry
>

> Well, after getting discouraged by that cable, i decided to rebuild one
>from scratch. the new cable also passes the link test, getting the
>desired pinout results, but it is still not functioning properly. i
>tried to do a calc-to-calc link with my calculator, which worked fine,
>disproving the theory that the port on my ti-83 is bad. IT is making a
>connection in some sence of the word, as the programs i am using do
>report errors such as "header too large" and such. i did use a ti calc
>link cable for the 2.5mm jack, so i don't think that could be the
>broblem either. anyone have an idea as to what might be the problem? any
>help would be apricated. if you can't help me with the parallel cable,
>could someone please post a copy of the plans for the serial link? if i
>can't get my cable working, i could always try building that one.
>
>       Thanks
>       ~X

Toral The Etheral
I controll the lightning!