Re: TI-H: Multimaster I2C routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Multimaster I2C routines

> Josha Foust wrote:
>
> > Actually this is a very big problem.  Even if one could achieve 35kb/s on
> > every calculator on the network, your throughput would be 35/number of
> > calculators!  So after about 5 calculators you will have very little bandwidth
> > to work with.
>
> Well, yes, but only if every calculator was sending at the same time.
> And usually they don't. And do you think 7kb/s would be slow? What would
> you actually use the bandwidth for?
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I find this a kind of funny question :)

> -Ozone
>
> --
> *** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone
> ***

On the network only one calculator can send at one time (this was just
discussed in reference to only using one frequency).  Since this is true,
each calc would only get a sliver of time to transmit on, at 35kb/s, which
effectively give each calculator 35kbs/# of calc MAX.  Many people were
speaking of a huge network throughout the school, or a whole classroom.  This
would definetely cause problems with bandwidth.

Follow-Ups: References: