RE: TI-H: Multimaster I2C routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: Multimaster I2C routines

It doesn't take much to put out those kinds of signals.  Most amatuer, well heck, anything with an earphone and a mic can be easily modded for computer data transmission, you just need to go inside the good ones and make a patch to get unfiltered signal.  (The audio filters round out digital spikes) Signal clarity is very good with the radios of today.  If you buy ones that arn't junk  ie Yaesu, Icom, and Kenwood.  It takes me about 5 minutes to convert a radio, I just don't know the software to do it.  I'm still trying to make a working link.  I've got a serial that sends good, but it won't recieve.  Run on a 9 volt battery, or use walkie talkie nonliscenced frequencies, and they won't do a thing.  Better yet, buy the 10$ book, read it, (you already know most of the stuff if you understand the theory of how to accellerate a calc) and spend 7$ to take the HAM test.  THen you can do this with at least 2.5Watts, and it's perfectly legal.  Last but not least, why would this be useful, if we had something to use with it, I would splice another link cable, and hookup my radio, but without software, its useless.  You just need something that tells it to recieve off one lead, transmit through another, and tie in a ground.  Gee, that sounds like the link port, you just have to control it.  Wait, we can play and record wav files through it you say. well gee Batman, thats all there is to it.  With some radios, you could just plug the link cable through an adaptor and into the radio.  Now if someone had software that could tell it how to do that, we could do that.  YOu know, I just had this funny thought that if the calc doesn't send and recieve at the same time, (and pauses for a nanosecond to allow line switching) I could do a radio transfer without any special hookup.  I've got two calcs, and multiple radios.  Put mine with my friends and two identical radios, I think we'll give that a try.

Chris Kuberg
kubergh@apci.net
KB9NIE     RF-502
(^=HAM liscense  ^=Restricted Radio-telephone operators permit)
Warning