TI-H: Microcontroller uses.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Microcontroller uses.

I was just sitting around thinking about Microcontrollers, and figured,
if you wanted to REALLY get use out of a Microcontroller, an interesting
project would be to use a Microcontroller to convert the 2 bi-dir lines
of the TI-85 into a more useful 6(Two in, Two out, Clock, Ground) or 8
(3 address bits for daisy-chaining, one in, one out, clock, ground,
interrupt) data bus. The second one would be extremely appealing, since
it would use a "small" ribbon cable for connection, the address would
let you connect multiple devices, and the interrupt could be used to
have the devices be more than just "dumb" i/o ports.

If the Microcontroller had a small memory buffer, it would allow the two
busses (The TI-link bus and the new bus) to run at different clock
rates.

To do this qould require a lot of ASM experience with whatever
Microcontroller was used (Experience I do not have), and Z80 ASM
knowledge.

Anyways, just some thoughts.

Charlie Goetzman
tgoetzma@lax.net