Re: TI-H: Parallel Memory expansion

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mel Tsai wrote:

> >> Are you talking about I2C parallel/serial I/O converters or actual
> >> serial flash EEPROMS?  There is no 2 wire interface high capacity
> >> serial EERPOM on the market today, that's a fact.  One *is* coming out
> >> though but I probably won't be using it unless it's very cheap (I
> >> haven't see pricing specs for it yet).
> >>
> >Well, (Not including ground,) I2C uses 2 wires, so it works well, but
> >from what I have seen in datasheets (I have not recieved one yet to test
> >this), There are some Serial FLASH memorys that should be able to use
> >only 2 wires also. When my orders finally show up, I'll know for sure.
>
> But what exactly did you order?  A serial flash EEPROM chip?  There is
> only one high-capacity serial EEPROM available on the market at this
> point, and it's from Atmel.  If it's a serial EEPROM and it's not from
> Atmel, then it's likely under 8 kilobytes in size.
>
> >I meant that  a PIC microcontroller is unable to address external
> >parrallel memory, but as it appers your using the PIC to interface to
> >one of the new serial chips, it doesn't matter.
>
> Well I'm not using a PIC (I think they suck), I'm using the Atmel AVR
> microcontroller for the Expander II and I'm still deciding on what
> I'll use for the Expander III.
>
> -Mel
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> -The TI-Memory Expansion Homepage
> -http://www.egr.msu.edu/~tsaimelv/expander.htm

What's up w/ the Expander III?  You don't have anything on your page
about it...  Is it just what you are already planning on calling the
next design, when these other chips run out, etc.?
--

				    Sincerely,
				    Kevin

And always remember to shoot for the moon, because
even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars!

     ***********************************
     **         My E-mail address:    **
     **           elbo@usa.net        **
     **              Homepage:              **
     **   http://www.geocities.com/~kelbo   **
     ** One more thing, go to the following link to vote for the   **
     **       page logo for a game a few guys are making:          **
     ** http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/8557/vote.htm **

Follow-Ups: References: