Re: TI-H: TI-Modem a reality

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-Modem a reality

At 08:19 PM 8/7/97 -0500, you wrote:
>A lot about this topic has come about lately.  I realize that Joe is
>attempting to get a TI-85 for terminal access, and that seems to be a
>little difficult, given the complexities discussed.  So has anyone figured
>out a way to connect a NORMAL modem to a TI-85 or is that just speculation
>at this point, as well?

I know of on other than the TI 92 that was successfully connected to a
modem, the TI 82 (believe it or not). The TI 86 version of what I saw will
come out soon.  Please don't ask me questions, the author isn't ready to
release his stuff (he wants to do a little bit more to it first; no, I'm
not the author) I'm sure a TI 85 version could be easily made from the 86
version.

>Also, someone mentioned finding $5 9600 baud
>modems...not sure if this is total sarcasm or if there is some truth to
>it. =)  Where would I find this magical place?

This magical place is called a computer show, computer fair, and Ham fest
=). Sometimes, you will find dealers with old products that they will sell
cheap (Computer Show).  At a computer fair, there are many people selling
their own used stuff, which you can pick up stuff for pretty cheap (I once
got 5 386 motherboards for $15, complete with RAM =)..).  HAM Fests are
great, you don't have to be a HAM Operator to go to one, and many HAM's are
comp enthusiasts who will sell their old equipment cheap.

|         Joseph M. Gaffney - gaffney@thethinker.com         |
|           "Tiocfaidh Ár Lá" / "Our Day Will Come"          |
|  "If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Wipe The Smile Off My Face"   |
|                   The Creative Outlet                      |
|       http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/           |

Follow-Ups: References: