TI-H: TI-Modem a reality

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: TI-Modem a reality

I have figured out a way to make a modem type thing for the calculator,
but it does not involve an evpensive modem. The way I see it is that the
phone line uses two wires, right? The calc link uses two wires and a
ground, right? I put two and two together and made a fuzzy picture. Slap
the red to the red, white to the green and make some software to do the
rest. To ground the calculator's cable you can just wrap it, if you have
something better, try it. If the phone line is a diffrent voltage that
the calculator we might have to do something about that (I don't know
that much about this.) I find this relatively easy, excapt the software.
It would use pulse dialing (unless if it can make more than one tone.)
It must do protocoling. It must also do alot of other stuff. Since I
don't know too much about this I'm leaving you guys to recearch it and
develop it. Thanks for your time.
-Joe Martis