Re: TIB:New programer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB:New programer

Grant Stockly wrote:

> >I'd also like to know is there some way to store a
> >variable inside a program?
>
> You could make a sub-program to store values A-Z (and others) to a list and
> then recover the list later...

That's still not -inside- a program.  A list is still an external variable like
A-Z.  And other programs can still modify those external variables.

> I don't think so.  You could make a routine to figure out how many letters
> the text is, and how many letters the screen can hold.  Then the routine
> could figure out the best starting position for the text...  Easy?  ;)

Is there a function on the 92 to find the length of a string?  I was trying to
find one, but I couldn't.  How would you do that?

> >You can do it manually with the output command but if it
> >ever changes you have to go and re-do it.
>
> Why would it change?

If you make a new version of a game and you want to change the instructions.
There are many more possibilities.

--
Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
   File Archives, HTML, and Support