Re: TIB: Re: TI-ZINE Starting-be a writer!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Thomas J. Hruska wrote:

> At 11:24 PM 4/27/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >I still don't understand how you can have "gray" pictures in BASIC.  Isn't
> >each pixel either on or off?  I doubt you can flash the pictures on the
> >screen fast enough to simulate fake grayscale.
> >
> Hmmmmmmmm.....Bryan Rabeler doesn't apparently know ANYTHING about ASM
> programming and he is trying to tell people (who KNOW what greyscale is)
> what he believes greyscale is.  Go learn ASM and then study some greyscale
> source, Bryan, and then come back and tell yourself and everyone else,
> "Gee, I'm a doofus" and hit your head repeatedly over and over again.

You can't do true grayscale on any TI calc, you can only do _fake_ grayscale.
Fake grayscale is controlling how fast you turn a pixel on and off, and
depending on this rate, you get different shades.

> It is possible to have greyscale pictures in Basic if you concentrate all
> the processing power on displaying them in the appropriate order to get the
> various shades of grey.  (You will understand this when you study ASM and
> greyscale source).

I would like to see that done in BASIC, I'm know ASM is fast enough to do that.

--
Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
   File Archives

Follow-Ups: References: