Re: SD: Let me propose something then...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SD: Let me propose something then...

Making it impossible not to corrupt memory is going to be very hard when no
buld in support for that kind of a function is not build in ot the CPU. On
the TI85 you would have to check all instructions before they where
executed, which is going to make everything extremely slow. If it was
possible to do this kind of a thing it would be a great feature in a shell
though as many of the problems with badly written programs could be avoided.

Making multitaksing work would really require a new language, but you would
nned some speical functions in your shell which the program could call to
take advantage of the multitasking feature. Making it easier to access the
ROM is hard to, a lot of people have thought about this, and no one seems to
have a better solution than the one currently used. You have to consider the
differences between ROM version, which makes this kind of thing hard to
implement.

Dines