Re: SD: Let me propose something then...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SD: Let me propose something then...

> This kind of program has been suggested before, but it does have some mayor
>  problems. To efficiently implement a program like the ones you suggested,
>  one would need to know where all the basic functions are located in the
ROM,
>  and how they are called. Finding this out could be done be examining the
>  tokens used in BASIC program and the function which runs BASIC programs on
>  the calc. This would increse the size of BASIC programs quite a bit, but it
>  would increase the speed of them. If the goal of doing this to make it
>  easier to make games and other programs like that which needs the speed of
>  asm, it would probably be a better solution to make a new language than to
>  improve BASIC.
>
>  Dines

I'm working on a new shell for the 85, and since it will have multitasking
management, I have to make a new language. It will looks like asm with some
special features to prevent memory corruption and to make access to ROM
easier for all versions or ROM.

So, I would like to know what features not in asm are needed to make programs
easier to write.

Farid Bouzaghti