SD: Text Shell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

SD: Text Shell

You guys misunderstood me.  =)  The shell is compiled to ASM and then to
machine code on the computer.  It's just like shells for Usgard today.
My aim was to make it easier to code shells by creating a scripting
language.

The SGML/XML language is NOT what I had in mind.  First of all, that
would require a massive amount of kernel overhead to support shell
functions that many shells would not even use.  Second of all, I don't
want the shell to be interpreted.. too slow =)  Third of all is the
space concern.  Everyone says "Oh, we have 512k."  Well, when everyone
says it, that 512k quickly becomes 0k, as in 0k free memory.

--Matt Cooper / mnemonicdevice@hotmail.com