Re: LZ-Adv: Is it possible to write to .db's?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ-Adv: Is it possible to write to .db's?

>> How would you go about addressing these? An example would be most
>> appreciated.

[SNIP]

> tells the compiler to do).  To edit this, you can do one of two things.
> You could disassemble the program and just edit it, and then reassemble
it,
> or you could hex-edit the compiled program, and search through all of
the
> hex to find what you're looking for.  Then you could simply edit this,
and
> save it, but then the checksum needs to be recomputed, and I'm not sure
how
> to do this.  Why, are you trying to make a program say that you wrote
it?

[SNIP]

This method describes how to change a con-changing string.  Was the
original question asking that, or was it asking how to put a varialble
into a .db during execution of a program?

Jason "Thursday" Wenger
jwenger@juno.com
Illegitimi no carborundum