LZ-Adv: Re: ZShell Adv.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ-Adv: Re: ZShell Adv.

>>Can I call TI-Basic programs from within a ZShell program?
>>How about the other way around?
>
>No, but if you want to write a ti-basic parser, more power to you!

What is a parser, and what would it do?

Oh, yeah... I forgot.  How can I call one ZShell program from another?

>>How does the CUSTOM menu work?
>
>Exactly how, I can't remember, but when you it to a command that you use
>often, the ti-os writes into memory, a special place for the custom
menu, an >asm command esentially exectues a the key press as if you had
searched through
>the menus to find the command.  This is how ZShell works, a backup of
calc
>ram was hex-edited to point to the zshell string.  When you press F1,
>instead of displaying it on the screen, the mem pointed to by the menu,
>which is ZShell tells it to do other wise.  In this way, I guess you
could
>hexedit it to point to your program, but to copy your program, people
would
>have to do a backup, whick kind of defeates the purpose of zshell.  At
>ti-calc.org, there is a file called 'tihack.txt' which explains it all
in
>detail.

So when I hit a menu key, the OS calls a function that displays the name
of the function onto the home screen?

>>Why doesn't the ZShell program move around in memory, like all the
other
>>programs?
>
>I didn't know that the other programs did...

>From the ZSHELL.DOC file :

2) The calculator dynamically rearranges its memory, so there is never an
sure way to pinpoint the location of a program in order to access data
and do JUMPs and CALLs.  One way to circumvent this problem is to recall
a picture variable into the graphics memory (8641).

Thanx for the feedback!

Jason "Thursday" Wenger
jwenger@juno.com
Illegitimi no carborundum