Re: LZ-Adv: ROM Pages

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ-Adv: ROM Pages

Mark and/or Esmeralda Lybrand wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Thanks for the help on my program.  I feel pretty stupid not realizing
> that ret z meant return if the zero flag was set (especially seeing how
> I have my list of Z80 instructions right in front of me).
>
> I had placed the instructions:
>
> ld a,4
> out (5), 4
>
> at the beginning of my program as I had read somewhere else that this
> set of instructions was to initialize the graphics screen.  Upon your
> advice, I have since verified that that was incorrect.  I understand
> fromn the TI-RAM.txt that by assigning the value 4 to port #5 I am
> accessing ROM page 4 (where you guys tell me FIND_PIXEL is located).
> The questions I had were:  Is there anything else of interest on ROM
> page 4?  I assume there are other ROM pages; is there anything of
> interest on those?  And finally....  this mysterious ROM dumping... how
> can I do it and where can I find out more about it?
>
> Thanx all

Hmmm, rom page 4, sure there's 16 k worth of stuff on it.  We don't know
exactly what it is, it's different on all rom versions, AND ti won't tell
us asnything.
Yup, there are seven other pages, same reasons as above as why we don't
know all about them.
I don't know about the rom dumping because, well, I haven't tried it yet.

> Mark :)
> --
>
> "No hay mal que por bien no venga"
>  - Spanish proverb