Re: LZ-Adv: ROM Pages

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ-Adv: ROM Pages

Mark and/or Esmeralda Lybrand wrote:

> at the beginning of my program as I had read somewhere else that this
> set of instructions was to initialize the graphics screen.  Upon your
> advice, I have since verified that that was incorrect.  I understand
> fromn the TI-RAM.txt that by assigning the value 4 to port #5 I am
> accessing ROM page 4 (where you guys tell me FIND_PIXEL is located).
> The questions I had were:  Is there anything else of interest on ROM
> page 4?  I assume there are other ROM pages; is there anything of
> interest on those?  And finally....  this mysterious ROM dumping... how
> can I do it and where can I find out more about it?

Almost al the disassembly of the rom which has been done, is done on
page 0. On page 0 there is a tabel of functions which call functions
on other rompages, and some of the rutines placed here have been
documented.

I cannot remenber other functions which is really interesting on page 4
then the one you know. If you want to know which functions is know look
at TI-ROM.

As I said before we do not know what is in most of the rompages, but a
few functions are know. The rampages includes all the code for the ti85
so all the functions are placed on one of the pages.

If you want to make a rom dump, you need a  program to do it (which is
availble from my homepage). Besides that you will need a disassembler
which you can get from ticalc.org.

When you have done this you will have the code to the functions in the
ti85 rom. The only thing you need to get started is ti-ram,ti-rom and
ti-ports. When you have this informstion (and a book on the z80) you
can find out what the gunctions in the rom does.

<pre>
--

Dines Justesen
Email: dines@post1.com or