Which to go for...89 or 92+?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Which to go for...89 or 92+?

Hi lads and lasses...

I'm currently a HP calculator user who, becoming rather cheesed off with the
(slow, garbage collect when I feel like it) shiney blue beast, is trying to
decide which TI calc to go for.

I used to be a TI85 user (still got it somewhere...) so I have decided to go
for either a TI89 or a TI92+. To help me decide, I'd like to hear people's
opinions on their pros and cons whilst bearing in mind that I'm studying for
a degree so I don't have to worry about SATs, etc.
I don't have a problem with the 92+'s extra size although the bigger display
would be nice, and I can get either for roughly the same money from an
excellent educational supplier here in the UK.

So...which should I go for? Big, with big screen and (IIRC) AA batteries, or
smaller, withsmaller screen and AAA cells? Does the 92+ still have expansion
ports and, if so, can you get _more_ memory for it?

I'll 'ask the audience' please, Chris...

Regards

JasonG