Re: Which to go for...89 or 92+?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which to go for...89 or 92+?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Gardner" <jason.gardner@UKGATEWAY.NET>
To: <CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM>
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 3:11 PM
Subject: Which to go for...89 or 92+?

> Hi lads and lasses...
>
> I'm currently a HP calculator user who, becoming rather cheesed off with
the
> (slow, garbage collect when I feel like it) shiney blue beast, is trying
> decide which TI calc to go for.
>
> I used to be a TI85 user (still got it somewhere...) so I have decided to
go
> for either a TI89 or a TI92+. To help me decide, I'd like to hear people's
> opinions on their pros and cons whilst bearing in mind that I'm studying
for
> a degree so I don't have to worry about SATs, etc.
> I don't have a problem with the 92+'s extra size although the bigger
display
> would be nice, and I can get either for roughly the same money from an
> excellent educational supplier here in the UK.
>
> So...which should I go for? Big, with big screen and (IIRC) AA batteries,
or
> smaller, withsmaller screen and AAA cells? Does the 92+ still have
expansion
> ports and, if so, can you get _more_ memory for it?
>
> I'll 'ask the audience' please, Chris...
>
> Regards
>
> JasonG

I have both. I also have the 48G.  I find the difference between the 89 and
92 is mostly in the fact that the 89 is vertical format and handier to move
around.  I find the 92 is harder to read, the image is just not as clear,
and it is for that reason I seldom use it.  The 92 has geometry capabilities
not found in the 89, if that matters.  My choice for getting through the day
as a math student is the 89.

Hope that helps.

Harry D. Jeffery
Captain, USMC(Ret.)