What is the purpose of the LED?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

What is the purpose of the LED?

I mean other than the obvious--it lights up.  Is it supposed to be
sticking out of a (cut) hole on the adapter or inside it (for some
reason).  Kind of silly, if you think about it, as most serial ports
are located at the back of the computer where (dust bunnies
notwithstanding) nobody looks.
Mine doesn't even light up.  Of course, my serial cable has yet to
work anyway.  I've made some homegrown cables before and this is the
first one I've ever made that didn't work the first try.  Think I'm
going to build a parallel cable tomorrow.  I've had better luck with
parallel stuff anyway and probably should have just gone with it in
the first place.

Kev