Re: How do i check the polarity of an LED?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mark Logan wrote:

> With a test meter?  I soldered a 2v led into my homemade serial link,
> but i'm not sure
> if i put it in the right way.  Its too late to check which lead is
> longer, can i find out with a test meter?

Look at the LED from the side. One wire leads to the base of the
substrate which emits the light, the other is connected to a very fine
wire leading to the top of the substrate. The one leading to the base is
the cathode (-), the other is the anode (+).

--

Christian Schmadalla (st000328@hrz1.hrz.tu-darmstadt.de)
http://www.tu-darmstadt.de/~st000328/index.html (Deutsch)