Re: HELP ME!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HELP ME!!!

> Recently I purchased a TI-GRAPH LINK CABLE and when I tried to send a program
> from my PC to my calculator, an ERROR message kept on coming up.

What does the message say, generally it is good to include specifics.

> I don't
> understand why.  My GRAPH LINK cable is inserted into the back of my CPU in
> the Printer Port (which would be COM 1).

First, I am somewhat picky about terminology, a CPU is a little thing that sits
on the motherboard, there is no way you plugged the cord into it.  Secondly,
printer ports on PCs are labelled by LPT and serial ports are labelled by COM,
therefore your problem is probably that you have the thing trying to communicate
to COM 1 while you calculator sits in its connection to the LPT1 port.

> But it never works!  I have the
> software, but I don't know if I need a certain DRIVER for the hardware.  When
> I plugged in my GRAPH LINK cable, should my PC detect NEW HARDWARE?  Or is it
> a driver?

There is no driver needed, you plug it in and tell it to send, the information on
sending and recieving is in the GraphLink program.

> P.S.  I also have WINDOWS 98...does that have anything to do with it?
> Because on the web site http://www.ti.com/calc/docs/link.htm it has a gray
> cable by itself (which I purchased) and it has a black cable for WINDOWS
> 95/98.  Thanks.

No, your OS has nothing to do with it unless you are trying to run a windows
program in DOS, or in MacOS, or vice versa, except a DOS program can be run in
windows.  The black cable was just a different color, maybe it came in the full
GraphLink package and not the cable-only one, or vice versa.

--The Rabid_Stick