Re: HELP ME!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HELP ME!!!

Well, first off, the Printer Port is LPT1, not COM1.  Printer, or 'parallel'
 ports are ALWAYS LPTx (normally there is only 1, so LPT1, or occasionally
LPT2).  Communications, or serial ports (COM1, COM2, etc) are for modems and
older mice.  Printer ports have 25 different pins - 13 on the top row, and
12 on the bottom.  COM ports USUALLY have 9 pins - 5 on the top, 4 on the
bottom. On older computers, there may be a 25 pin serial port, but a printer
cable will not fit there because of the pin orientation.
No, it will not detect it as new hardware, considering that it (to Win98)
looks like an empty printer port.  Here is my recommended order:

1) Turn PC OFF.
2) Plug cable in.
3) Start computer.
4) Start the correct version of the TI-Graph Link Software (there is a
version for EACH calc, if the one you need isn't included, download it at
www.ti.com)
5) Select the correct port (LPT1)
6) Plug the calculator in, while it is turned off.
7) Turn the calc on and set it to recieve mode.
8) Send the programs with the software.

Kirk Lane
snake64@geocities.com
ICQ: 28171652