Re: Which TI should I get?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which TI should I get?

>>Try solving something (e.g. (e^x)*sqrt(3)-3=5), this will leave the TI's
in
>>the dust (the example returns x=0.382533849......in just over 1 sec.).

Well......sorry.
I tried it again and the HP also returned 1.53..... and so on. I must have
divided it by 4.....not so good.

Regarding ALG48 & Erable?!?!? Are they hard to use????

I find the documentation very extensive and easy to understand - these
programs are so powerful that every HP48 owner should have them installed! I
think it's a big mistake that you haven't given them a chance. Without those
installed, the TI wins every symbolic contest by a mile.

You also should not forget that it's not stupidity that caused the HP
programmers to leave out these now esential symbolic capabilities - 8 years
ago there wasn't even that many PC-based utilities that could handle
symbolics - as a matter of fact it was one of the first (if not the first)
calculators that could do symbolic manipulations.

I would rather ask the question of why TI didn't embrace the power of the
Motorola processor and made a totally killer machine, instead of just
something half-finished that barely keeps it's head above water compared to
an esentially 10 years old machine.

Ice

Follow-Ups: References: