Re: Ti89 vs. Ti92 (screen)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ti89 vs. Ti92 (screen)

The big difference between the screen displays on the TI-92 and the TI-89
(and I mean BIG difference) is the contrast! Although I loved my TI-92 from the
day I bought it, the poor legibility (no matter how I fiddled with the contrast
settings) simply drove me up the wall -- I could not even use the calculator in
anything except strong light, and finally took to depending on an overhead
display panel to view what I was doing.

With the TI-89, however, even though the characters are tiny I have no problem
reading them because of their sharpness. I miss the full QWERTY keyboard, but
all in all this is a much more satisfactory working environment as far as I am
concerned. I am sure opinions will differ on this matter, but for the record I
am recommending the TI-89 over the TI-92 to my students and colleagues based on
this one single factor.

RWW Taylor
National Technical Institute for the Deaf
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester NY 14623