Re: important

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: important

Ken R. wrote:

> yesterday i apperently got a virus(windows CIH virus) that infected all
> of my exe files so i had to reformat
> this virus makes your comp a "slave" the person can control you when
> ever you are online so this person can litraly can do anything with your
> comp
> I may have picked this up at ticalc.org so would u all mind scanning you
> hard drive with a virus program
>
> p.s.if you sent me anything resend it it was deleted
>
> here is a description:
> This virus is known to infect device drivers, but unknown variants may
> infect other items as well.
>
> This virus has been reported to be 'in the wild'.
>
> CLEANING INFORMATION:
> Before cleaning or restoring, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to boot from a
> clean, write-protected system diskette first! This is necessary to
> ensure that no viruses are active in memory, and to reduce the risk that
> you execute an infected file by accident.
>
> As new variants of existing viruses appear almost daily, it is possible
> that you will encounter a variant of this virus which will still be
> identified by our scanner, but behaves differently than described above.
> The information above is therefore intended as a basic guideline.

You got your virii mixed up there. CiH infects all your .exe's in
C:\Windows\ and on the 26th of every month it activates it self and erases
your BIOS. BO, or Back Orifice, is a trojan horse virus. However, u have to
run the server installer for it to take affect. Then someone can take
control of your puter. But like I said, u have to run the server program
first. So more than likely, u just got CiH, if u actually got a virus in the
first place.