Problems with 85ROM.85S v2.1

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Problems with 85ROM.85S v2.1

I'm interested in learning to program my TI-85 in BASIC, and have found it
really annoying to have to keep transferring the program to the calculator
while I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing/debugging the program.  One
of you suggested I try TI86EMU, which I have been informed will also run
off of a TI-85 ROM dump.

The documentation for TI86EMU mentioned that it needed a ROM image from the
calculator, and that ROM86 was the program to use for this.  When I
attempted to transfer it to my 85,  Graph-link said the file format was
invalid, despite my having changed the file extension.  At this point, I
located another program called 85ROM.zip.  The info for this program is
"ROM dumper v2.1 by Randy Gluvna"

I next determined that this was an assembly program, so I downloaded and
installed ZSHELL Version 4.0 - November 1995.

How exactly am I supposed to use this ROM85 program?  There was no
documentation with it whatsoever.  I managed to figure out how to load
ZSHELL, and have managed to load ROM85 under ZSHELL, but I've been trying
to send the dump to Graph-Link with no luck.  (I've successfully managed to
transfer info back and forth in Graph-Link before, so unless there's
something really specific that has to be done for this particular program
to work, I've probably already tried it.)  So far, I've had to take the
batteries out of my calc about a half dozen times while trying to get this
ROM85 to work.  Does anyone out there have any experience with this?

Ultimately, all I'm trying to do is get TI86EMU up and running so I can
start programming.  I'd really appreciate any hints for getting me to that
point.

Thanks

Kirk Larsen

(Please remove NOSPAM from address to reply)