Re: whoa? fake Batteries are low stuff? uh hm... (TI-86)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: whoa? fake Batteries are low stuff? uh hm... (TI-86)

I tried holding down [Enter] while turning on the calc and got the error 6
break also.  I have an 85, rom v. 9.0.
I also got the same error if while the calc was on, you pressed [Enter] and
[On] at the same time.  Then I was curious.  I got to thinking and I think I
figured out why it does this.  I think that it gives you the error because it
is basically doing the same thing as when you are running a program.  Try
entering 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 into the home screen,
then executing it.  While it is processing it, press the [On] button.  You'll
get "Error 06 Break".  So, the reason that it does that when you turn on your
calc with the [Enter] key pressed down is beacuse it is trying to exicute the
last command in the calc memory, but you stop it right when it starts, when you
turn on the calc.  Similarly, when you enter in a calculation for the calc to
perform on the home screen, then press [On], it stops it in mid process.  Does
this make sense?

parv wrote:

> Riley McArdle wrote:
> >
> > Todd Stanley wrote in message <34494FC5.3A842EAB@aol.com>...
> > >Something else interesting alone the same line is if you hold down Enter
> > >on the 85 (rom 10.0)and turn it on, you get an error 6 break, no matter
> > >what command was the last inputed.  I am not sure but it might work for
> > >the 82.
> > Yeah, worked on TI-82 (ROM 16.0).
>
>         i also got the error (16.0).
>
> - anu
> (please remove -inLalaLand from the above address to reply)

Follow-Ups: References: