Re: accelerate/turboing the ti-92?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: accelerate/turboing the ti-92?

> The TI-81 & TI-85 can be turboed by changing the C9 capacitor.
> The TI-82 & TI-83 can be turboed by changing the C6 capacitor.
>
> But I was wondering if anyone knows how to speed up a TI-92 (NOT 82)!  Any
> information on it is appreciated.
> .
I don't know about changing a capacitor, but you could theoretically build an
accelerator for one with a different processor.  At shareware.com, search for
accelerator plans in the Amiga section.  There are plans to double the clock
speed which you might be able to adapt.  Of course, if you wanted to really get
ambitious, you could design one that used a 68020 and fitted over the 68000
(This has been done on the Amiga) or build one with a 66 MHz 68060 and 16 megs
of ram :-)

Robert Kidd

Follow-Ups: References: