Re: New 82 shell.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New 82 shell.

At 01:00 AM 7/19/97 +1000, you wrote:
>I'm attempting to write a new shell for the TI-82, and this is an open
>request (plea) for any information about TI-82 back doors and shell
>writing in general.  I need information, otherwise I'll have to do
>something dirty and underhanded like disassembling Ash and OShell, which
>certainly isn't ethical.  I've tried all of the obvious places
>(http://www.ticalc.org/), of course TI (http://www.ti.com/) doesn't have
>any information about this sort of thing.  ANY information would be
>greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
>
>Cheers,
>Dominic Cooney, coonsta@ozemail.com.au

Since the 85 and the 82 are virtually equivalent (memory format).  There is
ASM source for an 85 shell (called USHELL or JSHELL...can't remember which)
at <http://www.ticalc.org/pub/85/asm/source/>  For the backdoor
information, visit ASH's web site.  They have some pretty awesome docs on
the 82 (mostly ported from the 85 with some address changes).  I hope I
could be of help.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org