Re: CBL!!!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: CBL!!!!!!

NB: Thing I need to know, all I need know, is whether it can supply data to
the calc REAL-TIME. ie: if you have to hit a button to send a load of data,
and hit it again if you have new data, nevermind, it won't be usable. If it
can send data immediatly as it comes in, then the CBL is the answer unless
it's too expensive. Then i'll buy one, take it apart, and look what ADC
it's using. provided it's not *really* expensive. tee hee.

I already know it can take up to 10Khz sampling and has 3 analog inputs.
Just don't know if it's real-time or not. Again, if it isn't, it will in no
way at all 'work' with the tape85 project unless it can store large
amounts, and thus grab all that data and send it off correct somehow. I'm
still in the dark as to how the CBL thing sends data to the calc. Please
give a description on how the data appears on your calc.

(Mean thing I have is the limited support: the only thing you can do right
now on the calc is CBLsend and CBLget. No more support. Does the CBL have a
driver stored in it's ROM that can be uploaded to the 85? and even if that
is, it's using basic (unless it sends a backup, and I doubt that.. then TI
would be using ZShell-like technology and I don't think they do that :-P).
So how does the TI get the info? Still very much in the dark... Perhaps
recieve a huge list through a single cblget command? please explain so I
can analyse it's usage for a possible TAPE85 input solution.
--
-R.Zwitserloot@BTInternet.com

Reinier Zwitserloot <R.Zwitserloot@btinternet.com> wrote in article
<01bc8e30$3700b960$c63363c3@dell-p133c>...