Re: New T-85 user

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New T-85 user

Naw, don't get a 86 yet. Doesn't run anything right now. Unless you call
TI-Basic noteworthy. yes, it has loads of mem, and yes, I bloody well want
that :-P. But it doesn't run ZShell now, and will never will because it's
impossible, not just techically, but, plain impossible. Not if you had all
the resources in the world would you be able to make the ti-86 eat zshell
progs, unless you begin adding hardware, which pretty much defeats the
purpose.
(Ie: if you are spending money, might as well BUY an 85.)

--
-R.Zwitserloot@BTInternet.com

James D. Yopp <YOPP_J@POPMAIL.FIRN.EDU> wrote in article
<01IL11QVSTZQ000932@WIZARD.FIRN.EDU>...
> You have bought a calculator.  It's just one of the best you can buy. (If
you've
> still got the receipt, take it back and get an 86.  It's worth it.)
> >Where can I update my knowledge about programming the TI-85?
> Try looking at source code from ticalc.org
> >Can I also program it in ASM and how can I learn this?
> Yes, but you'll need ZShell.  Get it from ticalc.org.  To learn, follow
the link
> off the ZShell page to Jimmy Mardell's ZShell school.
> >How can I download the programs from the net to the TI-85?
> You'll need the graphlink cable and some software.
> >Is there a download-software and maybe an instruction to make a cable on
> >the net?
> Yes, there is.  You should find all the homebrew info on ticalc.org's
link page.
> >What else do I have to know to become an TI-85 expert?
> You'll find out by using it.  It also helps to have a lot of idiot
classmates
> that own them, too.
>

> James D. Yopp, Jr.
> jyopp@pobox.com