Re: Trouble with the 92 is...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Trouble with the 92 is...

>>That's why I bought a TI-92 -
>because it's THE most powerful thing available for computation short of a
>desktop personal computer.  Why did you buy your calculator?<<

That's a load of hooiey :-). Let's see, a notebook personal computer, a
palmtop, a minitop (these things cost a *LOT* of money. They have a 486
chip in them, a small but very expensive and very good lcd color screen, a
lot of battery backed ram for transferring files to from the much slower
hdd (which, btw, is extra slow in a minitop but is very power-efficient),
and other very expensive stuff in it (Last I saw it, it went fer 15,000
dollars.), anyway, that's not much bigger than the ti-92 and a heck of a
lot faster. Why people buy the -92 remains a mystery- I can really only see
very limited functions.No school use (can't use on tests.) no very tuff
math work (pcs are a lot better on that one). No easy carrying around all
over the place (thing is too big), no serious games (yes, they are very
nice, but a gameboy is cheaper...), etc.

--
-R.Zwitserloot@BTInternet.com