Re: Trouble with the 92 is...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Trouble with the 92 is...

Why is everyone so concerned with a given calculator's potential use on
standardized examinations?  I didn't buy ANY of the calculators I own to
use exclusively on such tests.  And I don't see doing such a thing as
being economically feasible for most people either.  I bought all the
calculators I've ever owned to be used as tools to assist me in
computation and other technical tasks.  That's why I bought a TI-92 -
because it's THE most powerful thing available for computation short of a
desktop personal computer.  Why did you buy your calculator?

        Jeff Bunds
        bunds@students.uiuc.edu

P.S.  HP calculators still suck.

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, James D. Yopp wrote:

> I'm sorry that I have to disagree with an obviously happy TI-92 user, but...  If
> you are going to buy an 86, get it.  The 92 may be better, but it is not allowed
> for use on any standardized tests.  The 92 is banned from: SAT, SATII, PSAT,
> ACT, AP Tests, and almost every Math class in America.
>
> James Yopp
>

> James D. Yopp, Jr.
> jyopp@pobox.com
> "Time is the fire in which we burn."