Re: Graph link Serial Cable for the TI-86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Graph link Serial Cable for the TI-86

TI85 made a bit of a design error when making the TI85 Graph link. At
least, that's how it looks like. They thought TI85 data could not be sent
over parallel or serial port, so, they took a PIC processor (small thing
that's in the block on the actual Texas-Instruments made Graphlink), and
programmed it to convert the signals from the graphlink software into
signals the calculator understands. Later us homebrew people found out that
the PC can send the appropriate data via serial or parallel link without
problem, and we let the CPU of your computer (motorola or intel) do the
work, rather than the custom-made PIC. That's also why the GLink from TI is
so expensive.

--
-R.Zwitserloot@BTInternet.com

Michael Boyte <mboyte@oz.net> wrote in article