Re: TI-82 programmer at your service.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-82 programmer at your service.

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997 23:39:55 -0400 "Thomas J. Hruska" <thruska@TIR.COM>
writes:
>At 11:12 PM 8/29/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>You did not say "if" anywhere in your original message, in fact, THIS
>is
>>the FIRST time you said it.  I do not think that ASM is useless for
>>everything, I think it is useless for math.
>
>What do you think TI used to program the math stuff into all the TI
>graphing calculators?  Machine code?!  I think they used ASM just like
>we
>use it to program games.  ASM can be used for a variety of
>applications...not just games.  So you can now stop flaming TI who,
>without
>their genius, you wouldn't be able to flame, since we wouldn't have
>any of
>their calcs because they wouldn't know ASM to program math stuff into
>them.

I'm not flaming TI, I'm flaming (now), 82nd Deer.  If TI used ASM, then
why don't they support it?  They think it destroys the integrety of the
system.  And judging from all the bug reports with ASM stuff and
programs, they just might be right.  And if ASM is so great for math
stuff too, why can't I find decent math programs?  Why do I have to go
HP?  Well, actually, that one's easy.  Because I want to now.  Everybody
thnks that TI calcs are such great game machines, there is absolutely no
math support.  If I want a game, I can find hundreds of crappy games,
though.  So now I just have to sell my calc, and get an HP.  Go figure, a
calc that can't do math to save it's life.

Eric E. Klos     bike17@juno.com   Mt. Clemens  MI
Interests-Motorcycles,snowmobiles,quads,go-karts,R/C's,slot cars,Trucks &
Jeeps

Follow-Ups: References: