Re: TI-82 programmer at your service.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 01:25 AM 8/25/97 -0400, e e wrote:
>>Wow, you sure told me, I should have thought about my post...  Oh,
>>wait,
>>it's there...  I said it is a waste of time for non-mathematical
>>applications, and that it is.  How do you know he was going to use it
>>for
>>math?  The same way I know he wasn't going to use it for math.  Not
>
>So your're saying that you did not think before you typed?  Note that
>nowhere in his post did he say he was going to program games, nor did he
>say he was going to program math-stuff.  You assumed he was talking about
>games.  I said MAYBE he was going to do math stuff.  I DON'T know, maybe
>he is going to do both.

Or maybe he's just going to do games - I gave a VALID suggestion, did I
not?  And you jumped on me like a rabid dog.  I do not appreciate being
treated that way, nor would any other person, you need to learn some manners.

>Weren't you one of the people who said we shouldn't flame so as not to
>get TI involved again?  This is twice you've done it now.  What I think
>is stupid is spending $100 on a calculator, to play games on.  For that
>price you could've gotten a Game Gear that has games 1000 times better
>than any of the calcs.   I bought my calc to do math stuff, as did most
>of the people on this list.

Actually, no, you must be thinking of someone else.  Upon my durration on
this list (about 2 years, I think) TI has never intervened except to give
various tidbits of information (such as calc order, why certain things act
the way they do [like the temp thing], and to announce the 86.

I personally do not think programming games on the calculator is stupid,
frankly I think most math programs are stupid.  But do I yell and scream at
every person who decides to post about a math program?  Nope, I respect
that, unlike you, who jumped at the idea of using Assembly.

Yes, most of the people bought their calculator for math stuff - but I bet
at least 75% of this list is at least interested in game programming as a
benifit.  Just because you lit a fire for light doesn't mean you can't
enjoy the heat it is giving off.  Hell, my CALCULUS teacher even uses
Z-Shell to play games while we're taking tests!

You, sir, are very close minded and extremely opressive.

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@writeme.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...

Follow-Ups: References: